Welcome to Olympic Pistol, the site for sport pistol shooters that want to progress on their path to mastery through training and competition.
There are a lot of pistol resources here and the content keeps on growing. Use these links to find your way.
Free / Exclusive contentBecome a Patron!
To access the supporter exclusive posts you have to become a supporter. This way you help me dedicate all my time to shooting and maintain my shooting habit (ammo, training, competitions, books…) and make me share more.
You can also just
- Training programmes and notes:
- Cheat sheets
- Contenu en français
These and other helpful links should be available on the menu and footers.Support Olympic Pistol
These are the pages that get the most visits:
- Target calculator to set up the right size target at the right height when you can’t train at the standard distances.
- Sports Quantum electronic target review (in French here) an in depth review of one of the newest electronic targets for air pistols and rifles.
- My training programmes, drills and notes with olympic coach Daniel Goberville.
- Target Shooting Journal to track your trainings, competitions, changes and improvements. There’s also a free one page download from an early version that has been improved upon in the Target Shooting Journal.
- Summary of the book “The Psyche of the Shot: Sport Psychology and Competition” a great book to help you with mental training (more shooting books here).
- The first training program that I ever got from a coach.
- Universal air pistol sighting cheat sheet for all modern competition guns. Specially helpful when you can’t find the manuals.
- Rapid Fire Pistol Basics to help you get ready for all the rapid fire disciplines, as an introductory 101 course and a reminder.
- Shooting coaches directory to help you find a coach no matter where you are located.
Two more interesting pages:
- Dedicating 2020 to pistol shooting full time. Why and what I’m doing during a year dedicated to training, competing and sharing.
- Fight Hate Not Sport Shooters t-shirts and merchandising to improve the perception of shooting sports. Profits are used to sponsor shooting athletes and events.
There are many more posts, many of which are trending but have not yet had the time to rack up views as the older ones. Use the search bar in the menu to find what you are looking for.Want more great content like this? Become a Patron!
Social media and Videos
I share a lot of short bits and interesting information I find through social media, and you can reach out for me there too:
- Pinterest: Air PIstol, ISSF Olympic Pistol Shooting, Pistol Shooting Workouts, Pistol Shooter Stretching, Pistol Shooter Anatomy, Gunsmithing & DIY …
If you like what I’m sharing and think it is useful, please consider one of these support options:Help me help you more
Subscribe here to get into the email list together with over 1200 pistol shooters. I don’t send emails often, and when I do it means there’s something really interesting for you.
- The Perfect SCATT
- Sensations, Trigger & Coordination Pistol Training Programme
- Grip Hold Training Programme 2: More Coordination and Visualization
- Sandrine Goberville: “mettre le plomb au milieu, peu importe comment”
- Fix Grip Holding Pistol Training Programme
- Florian Fouquet: se recentrer sur soi et ses sensations
- Training Programme to Debug Pistol Vertical Spread
I’m based in Belgium so I’ve made a calendar to help all shooters that are around to find competitions to shoot (air pistol and rifle):
This site is the work of Ramon Suarez, a sport pistol shooter that can’t get enough of it and wants to promote this beautiful sport to help others progress in the art of the pistol.
Olympic Pistol is focused on the ISSF pistol disciplines (Olympic or not), but you will find useful content no matter which disciplines you practice.Join the Olympic Pistol Army